Wednesday April 14th we dropped Christopher off at the MTC. Elizabeth, Bret, Cameron and Jenny came down early so we could go to a park and take photographs. Elizabeth took the photographs and she is still in Utah on vacation so I don't really have many to post right now. I'll post a few I took with my camera.
We all stood at Mike's sister Lynda's and said good-bye to Christopher. Then we loaded in Elizabeth and Bret's minivan. Bret drove us to Provo to the MTC. We pulled into the parking lot . . . someone asked what mission we were dropping off for, he put a colored sticker on the window of the car and showed us which direction to go. We went passed multiple stopping points until someone told us to stop. We got out of the van and began to unload Christopher's luggage. We then realized that he couldn't get out of the back of the van until someone moved the seat in front of him. I asked the Elder helping us unload the luggage if he wanted the missionary! Finally Christopher got out and we quickly hugged and kissed him goodbye. It sure was hard to know that is the last time I'll see him for 2 years! But, at least I got a hugs and kisses from him! The next thing I knew he was walking away with another Elder and he never looked back. He disappeared into a sea of missionaries and we drove away.
We are so proud of him for being worthy to go on a mission. I know he'll work hard and be successful in serving the Lord. I'll post more photos when I get them from Elizabeth.
2 comments:
We had so much fun with you while you were here. It brought back many memories of watching Mike leave on a mission also. Looking forward to Elder Moen's letters.
I hope that he has a great mission. You'll have to post some pictures of his mission.
Post a Comment